Choosing a Birth Control Method
There are so many birth control options available to you. Our competent, caring and knowledgeable staff at CCPHC will discuss all of your options for birth control helping you choose the method that is a perfect fit with your goals, values and lifestyle. Some questions to ask yourself before deciding what birth control is the right one for you are:
- Is this method safe for me?
- Will I be able to use this method correctly and consistently?
- Will this method be affordable and easy to get?
Methods of Birth Control
- Hormonal Contraception: This includes birth control pills, NuvaRing® (vaginal ring), Depo Provera® (the shot), Evra® (the patch). The patch is only available by prescription at our clinic.
- Non-Hormonal Contraception: This includes condoms (both male and female), diaphragm and “natural” family planning or “rhythm” method.
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception: This includes IUD (Paraguard®, and Mirena®), the implant (Nexplanon®). These methods are not available at our clinic; our Nurse Practitioner is able to make referrals for these methods.
- Permanent Contraception: Referrals are made for tubal ligation and information provided for vasectomy for men.
- Emergency Contraception (EC): Birth control which can be used up to 120 hours after unprotected sex to prevent a pregnancy. EC is not intended to be used in place of regular birth control.
Our Clinic Offers
- Birth Control Pills
- Depo Provera®
- IUD removal
- Referrals for IUD and Implant
- Referrals for tubal ligation