Immunizations at the Health Center
Back to School Event
We Vaccinate All Ages!
We carry Vaccines for Children (VFC), vaccines for the uninsured and underinsured, vaccines for purchase and we accept most major insurances. Please note that VFC does have an administration fee of $21 for non Medicaid clients and each additional vaccine given that day will be $15.
Through the 317 publicly funded program, we can vaccinate adults who meet the following criteria with free vaccines:
- Underinsured - insurance that does not pay for immunizations (all or some) or has a fixed dollar limit or cap for immunization coverage (does not include those with high or unmet deductibles)
What to Bring to Your Appointment
There are some requirements for certain age groups when coming in to receive vaccine(s):
- An up-to-date immunization record must accompany all children 18 years of age and younger to receive any immunizations! If the child does not have an up-to-date immunization record, they may be refused services.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian (Legal guardians must bring proof of guardianship).
- If a child's parent or legal guardian is unable to accompany the child to the clinic for immunizations, they can give written permission to another adult to bring the child to the clinic. Download form to fill out, sign, and send with child(ren) to be immunized. You must fill out one for each child you are sending in for immunizations, or you can write your own letter of permission (this is treated as a one time permission), but it must include the date and:
- A phone number where parent/legal guardian can be reached
- Child's name who will be receiving the immunization(s)
- Name of the person accompanying the child
- Parent/legal guardian's name - Please print and sign your name
- Reason why you are sending the child in - for example: "I give consent for my child to receive any and all recommended immunizations"
- Authorization for consent to immunize (PDF)
- Tips for locating old immunization records
Costs and Insurance
Fees vary by immunization. There is an administrative fee of $21 for your first vaccine and $15 for each additional vaccine given that day.
(TB tests are $25)
The Clay County Public Health Center currently participates as a contracted provider with the insurance companies listed here:Aetna
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of KC*
Preferred Care Blue Risk
United Health Care
*Card should have an image of a suitcase with PPO inside, at the bottom of the card.
Does your insurer cover services at the Clay County Public Health Center (CCPHC)? To verify whether your insurance plan covers services rendered at CCPHC, contact your insurance provider directly by visiting your provider's website or calling the phone number listed on your insurance identification card.