Board of Health
The Board of Trustees is responsible for adopting policies for the operation of the Clay County Public Health Center and is also responsible for setting the annual public health tax levy rate. The board is instrumental in designing the strategic plan, implementing public health programs and adopting public health ordinances designed to improve health for all who live, work and visit Clay County.
Board members are elected through a county-wide election unless the available seats are uncontested. Terms are four years long.
- Chair: Patricia Dixon
- Vice Chair: Kathy Ellermeier
- Treasurer: Patrick Avila
- Secretary: Courtney Cole
- Vice Secretary: Dr. Daniel Purdom
Board meetings take place at 6 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month. At this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, these monthly meetings will be held virtually (see below). The public is invited to attend these meetings.
These meetings are subject to the Missouri Sunshine Law. Details regarding board meetings, including instructions for addressing the board, can be found in Section Two of the By-Laws of the CCPHC Board of Trustees.
Next meeting: Thursday, January 21 at 6 p.m., *Virtual (see instructions for joining below)*
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Virtual Board Meeting - Jan. 21
Due to widespread COVID-19, the January 21st Board of Health meeting will take place virtually. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. on the Teams platform. As always, members of the public are invited to join these meetings. Please see below for instructions on how to watch or participate in the meeting.
---- The link to join will be posted here closer to the event ----
To watch the meeting:
- Click the link above to join the meeting through Microsoft Teams.
- If using mobile or a tablet, you will need to download the Teams app (free).
- If using a desktop or laptop computer, you can either use the web browser to join the meeting or may choose to download the desktop app.
- You can join the meeting as a guest or setup a free account. (How to Join a Meeting Without a Teams Account)
- Type your name in the box and click Join Meeting.
- You will then wait in the lobby until 6pm and someone lets you in.
- Once you have joined the meeting, you should be able to view and hear the meeting’s activities. During board meetings, public comments are only allowed during the public comment portion of the agenda. Therefore, you will not be allowed to unmute yourself unless you wish to speak during the public comment session of the meeting (see below). You can choose to turn on your video, although this is optional.
To speak during the meeting:
- Complete all steps listed above to join the meeting. Please use a desktop or laptop if you wish to speak during the public comment session as this will allow us to unmute your microphone. Also make sure that you allow Teams to access your microphone if asked.
- When the public comment period is announced at the beginning of the meeting, please select the “Raise Hand” button. This will indicate that you wish to speak.
- When it is your turn to speak, the moderator will allow your microphone to be unmuted. You can choose to turn on your video, although this is optional.
- At this time, you can now click the microphone icon to unmute and speak.
- Please state your first and last name and city of residence when you begin to speak. You will be allowed up to five minutes to speak, unless granted additional time by the Board. See the full notes on Addressing the Board in the by-laws above, Section 2.9.2.