In addition to a competitive, annually reviewed salary schedule, the Clay County Public Health Center (CCPHC) offers its qualifying employees an outstanding fringe benefits package, briefly summarized below.
Group Insurance Benefits
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Full-time employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll for medical, vision and dental coverage, effective the first day of the month following employment. CCPHC covers a large portion of the premium for employees. Employees have the option to enroll and pay their dependents' coverage for an additional charge.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Full-time employees can defer pretax earnings to pay for eligible medical or work-related dependent care expenses.
Full-time employees are provided life insurance coverage at no cost to them with the option to purchase additional coverage.
CCPHC and employees each contribute 7.65 percent of the employee's salary to Social Security and Medicare.
Pension Plan (LAGERS)
Eligible CCPHC employees are automatically enrolled in the Missouri Local Government Employees Retirement System (LAGERS) following the first six months of employment. Contributions to this plan are paid, in full by CCPHC. Employees become vested in the retirement plan following 5 years of employment.
457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Eligible employees can contribute a portion of their pretax salary to a personal account maintained by American Funds. Employees may select from multiple funds when making their investments.
Paid Time Off
Employees accrue annual leave from the initial date of hire as follows:
- 0 to 10 years: 4.62 hours per pay period (3 weeks per year); maximum accrual of 30 days
- 10 to 15 years: 5.54 hours per pay period; maximum accrual of 36 days
- More than 15 years: 6.46 hours per pay period; maximum accrual of 42 days
Full-time employees accumulate 4.62 hours per pay period (3 weeks per year); maximum accumulation of 1,600 hours
Other Great Benefits
- Hybrid remote work program
- Tuition reimbursement/ educational assistance program
- Additional paid time off options
- Bi-weekly pay periods (26 annually)
- Employee training and development program
- Employee wellness program
- Safety program
- Family leave provisions
- Military leave provisions
- Mileage allowance for official business
- Uniforms for specified operations
- Annual performance appraisal and development reviews