Find & Give Assistance
General Resources for Finding Help
- United Way of Greater Kansas City - Resource Directory
- Northland Human Services Directory
Resources for Unemployed Workers
- Visit the Missouri Department of Labor COVID-19 information page. Here, the Missouri Department of Labor will continue to provide updates on the ongoing employment impacts from COVID-19. The Department also has a brief Frequently Asked Questions section that attempts to clarify and address the most common issues.
- Missouri has a basic instructional video to aid workers as they file for unemployment in the state of Missouri: Filing for Unemployment Basics tutorial video will outline the steps you will need to take during this process.
- Visit the “UInteract” website to file for unemployment. You will need to create an account and you will need the following information: The name and address of each employer you worked with during the past 18 months, check stubs showing year-to-date earnings from each employer you worked with during the past 18 months and if you have military employment, a DD-214 Member 4 form if you were separated from the U.S. Military within the past 18 months.
Resources for Businesses
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Assistance The SBA offers low-interest disaster recovery loans for Missouri small businesses that have been severely impacted by economic disruptions related to COVID-19. Businesses can receive up to $2 million in assistance to use toward fixed debt payments, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that cannot be paid due to the impact of COVID-19. The interest rate for small businesses is 3.75% and 2.75% for non-profits.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources: Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist, Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide, and Guide to SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers This guidance from the CDC provides information on preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and reducing transmission among employees.
- Missouri Department of Economic Development This website lists information for small businesses and nonprofits affected by the economic effects of COVID-19.
- Apply for a KC COVID-19 Small Business Relief Loan
Mental Health Resources
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Tri-County Mental Health Center
- Managing Anxiety & Stress (CDC)
Local Charitable Organizations
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kansas City
- Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph
- Clay County Home Meal Delivery Services for Seniors
- Harvesters - The Community Food Network
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- North Kansas City YMCA While their clubs are closed to the public, the North Kansas City YMCA is offering a variety of services to the community like free online workouts streamed on their Facebook page and child care offered for essential employees and first responders
- Shelter KC
- United Way of Greater Kansas City
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Apply for Metro Lutheran Ministry - Clay County Children's Services Fund Assistance
Use the following links to contact utility companies for guidance on payments, shutoffs, and more
- Evergy Missouri Metro Extended payment options, no late payment fees, no power disconnections, and reduced payments for reconnecting service with no security deposit
- Spire Missouri Suspension of disconnects and late fees
- Ameren Missouri Suspension of disconnects and late fees
- Kansas City Water Suspension of shut-offs
- Gladstone Municipal Water Suspension of shut-offs and late fees
- Liberty Municipal Water Suspension of shut-offs
- North Kansas City Water Suspension of shut-offs
- Clay County PWSD 2
- Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Liberty Public Schools
- North Kansas City Schools
- Smithville School District
- Kearney School District
- Excelsior Springs School District