Resources for Residents & Businesses
General Resources for Finding Help
- Missouri Services Navigator
- United Way of Greater Kansas City - Resource Directory
- Northland Human Services Directory
- Clay County Rental Assistance Application
- Kansas City Emergency Rental & Utilities Assistance
- Apply for Missouri Social Services such as health care coverage, family medical, food stamps, child care subsidy and more.
Funeral AssistanceFEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020. Learn more.
If you are 60 years or older, visit Clay County Senior Services' website for a list of options for free or low-cost transportation. Also learn about their transportation options for COVID vaccination.
Mental Health ResourcesIf you're in a crisis, help is available. Call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 800-273-8255, available 24/7.
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention - Get Help (for yourself or others)
- Missouri Department of Mental Health
- Missouri Show Me Hope - Crisis Counseling Program
- Tri-County Mental Health Center
- Helpful Videos from Tri-County MHC and Show Me Hope
- Managing Anxiety & Stress (CDC)
Resources for Unemployed Workers
- Visit the Missouri Department of Labor COVID-19 information page. Here, the Missouri Department of Labor will continue to provide updates on the ongoing employment impacts from COVID-19. The Department also has a brief Frequently Asked Questions section that attempts to clarify and address the most common issues.
- Missouri has a basic instructional video to aid workers as they file for unemployment in the state of Missouri: Filing for Unemployment Basics tutorial video will outline the steps you will need to take during this process.
- Visit the “UInteract” website to file for unemployment. You will need to create an account and you will need the following information: The name and address of each employer you worked with during the past 18 months, check stubs showing year-to-date earnings from each employer you worked with during the past 18 months and if you have military employment, a DD-214 Member 4 form if you were separated from the U.S. Military within the past 18 months.
- Missouri Now Hiring Missouri One Start is connecting unemployed workers to essential companies who are currently hiring to meet increased demand for their products and services.
Resources for Businesses
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Assistance The SBA offers low-interest disaster recovery loans for Missouri small businesses that have been severely impacted by economic disruptions related to COVID-19. Businesses can receive up to $2 million in assistance to use toward fixed debt payments, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that cannot be paid due to the impact of COVID-19. The interest rate for small businesses is 3.75% and 2.75% for non-profits.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Resources: Emergency Loans Small Business Guide and Checklist, Employee Retention Tax Credit Guide, and Guide to SBA's Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers This guidance from the CDC provides information on preventing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and reducing transmission among employees.
- Missouri Department of Economic Development This website lists information for small businesses and nonprofits affected by the economic effects of COVID-19.
- Apply for a KC COVID-19 Small Business Relief Loan
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Starting December 2020: Spire Energy Small Business Pandemic Relief Program
- Communications Toolkit: Looking for COVID-19 prevention signs and graphics? Check out our toolkit on the Recovery page for various resources (including non-English materials).
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- KC PPE
- Missouri PPE Marketplace
- State of Missouri SNS Order Form
- State of Missouri PPE Information
- Missouri companies that will perform qualitative and/or quantitative fit testing of N95 respirators.
- Cloth face masks can be used as back up, especially in non-medical settings
- If interested in purchasing a large amount of PPE, please contact email@example.com for additional resources
- WIC Services through Clay County Public Health Center: a special supplemental nutrition program which provides services to pregnant women, new mothers, infants and children up to their fifth birthday based on nutritional risk and income eligibility. The primary services provided are health screening, risk assessment, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding promotion and referrals to health care. Supplemental food is provided at no cost to participants.
- Pandemic EBT: for households with children who attend a school that's closed and who would otherwise receive free or reduced-price meals. You should receive a letter from your school district that includes information about how to apply online or by mail.
- Food Assistance Locator from Harvesters - The Community Food Network
- Clay County Public Health Center Mobile Food Pantry - First Wednesday of every month
- Vineyard Church - food pantry
- Metro Lutheran Ministries - food pantry and other services
- In As Much Ministry - food pantry
- Good Samaritan Center - food pantry and other services
- Clay County Home Meal Delivery Services for Seniors
Local Charitable Organizations
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Kansas City
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kansas City
- Catholic Charities of Kansas City-St. Joseph
- Jewish Family Services of Greater Kansas City
- Jewish Federation of Greater Kansas City
- North Kansas City YMCA While their clubs are closed to the public, the North Kansas City YMCA is offering a variety of services to the community like free online workouts streamed on their Facebook page and child care offered for essential employees and first responders.
- Shelter KC
- United Way of Greater Kansas City
- Urban League of Greater Kansas City
- Good Samaritan Center - Excelsior Springs
- Apply for Metro Lutheran Ministry - Clay County Children's Services Fund Assistance
Use the following links to contact utility companies for guidance on payments, shutoffs, and more
- Evergy Missouri Metro Extended payment options, no late payment fees, no power disconnections, and reduced payments for reconnecting service with no security deposit
- Spire Missouri Suspension of disconnects and late fees
- Ameren Missouri Suspension of disconnects and late fees
- Kansas City Water Suspension of shut-offs
- Gladstone Municipal Water Suspension of shut-offs and late fees
- Smithville Water and Wastewater Suspension of shut-offs
- Liberty Municipal Water Suspension of shut-offs
- North Kansas City Water Suspension of shut-offs
- Clay County PWSD 2
- Department of Higher Education & Workforce Development
- Liberty Public Schools
- North Kansas City Schools
- Smithville School District
- Kearney School District
- Excelsior Springs School District
You may qualify for childcare assistance from the Missouri Department of Social Services, as they have changed their eligibility requirements due to COVID-19. Apply by Dec. 31, 2020. Learn more.
- Child Abuse and Neglect - Missouri Department of Social Services: call 1-800-392-3738 (open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Mandatory reporters can also report online here.
- Domestic Violence - The Nation Domestic Violence Hotline: call 1-800-799-7233. Advocates are available 24/7 in more than 200 languages. All calls are free and confidential.
- Sexual Assault - MOCSA (Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault): call the 24-hour crisis line at 816-531-0233 or 913-642-0233.
- Kansas City Regional COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund
- Feed Northland Kids
- Harvesters - The Community Food Network
- Liberty Hospital Foundation
- Liberty Cares Fund - Liberty Education Foundation
- Harvesters - The Community Food Network has a variety of options for giving food, including how to donate produce.
- Hillcrest Hope - Porch Pantry Pantry - Meat Drive: Collecting grocery store gift cards, hamburger, chicken, hot dogs, pork chops, canned chicken and lunch meat. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for drop-off instructions.
Give Materials and Supplies
- North Kansas City Hospital - Medical Supplies
- Liberty Hospital Foundation - Medical supplies and snacks
- Blood donation centers have the highest standards of safety and infection control. To find where you can donate blood, visit www.redcross.org.
- The United Way of Greater Kansas City has created a crisis volunteer guide.
- Medical Reserve Corps of Greater Kansas City is a network of medical and public health volunteers, along with non-medical community members, who volunteer their skills, expertise and time to support public health.
- Liberty Hospital - share words of encouragement, inspiration and comfort with Liberty hospital employees.