If you are seeking COVID-19 testing - whether you are feeling ill, might have been exposed or for some other reason - there are multiple options in the area. Please note that different test sites have different requirements and set-ups and some options require making an appointment in advance.
Most urgent care clinics now have rapid testing resources available. Contact your health care provider or an urgent care clinic near you to find additional testing resources.
If you are seeking a test because you are experiencing symptoms or have been recently exposed, please remember to isolate or quarantine before and after your test. This will help prevent sickness from spreading to others while you await results. See our Feeling Sick page for detailed information.
Test Sites in (or near) Clay County
Missouri Dept. of Health & Senior Services Testing EventsAll Missouri residents can receive a free COVID-19 test at these events. There is Learn more here.
- Mondays, Thursdays, Fridays 11am-7pm: Heavy Construction Laborers, Local #663, 7820 Prospect, Kansas City, MO 64132
- Saturdays 11am-7pm: Teamsters Local #955, 4501 Emanuel Cleaver II Blvd., Kansas City, MO 64130
- Hy-Vee @ 207 NE Englewood Rd, Kansas City, MO 64118
- Hy-Vee @ 8301 N St Clair Ave, Kansas City
- Price Chopper @ 500 NE Barry Rd. Kansas City
Who can be tested: healthcare workers and first responders, individuals with symptoms, and individuals without symptoms "in accordance with state and local plans and for public health monitoring." Some locations limit testing to patients 3 years and older.
Make an appointment at www.DoINeedaCOVID19test.com
Offers three different types of testing, including rapid. Open 7 days a week with same day appointments available.
Book appointment online
Cost: Free; insurance accepted
Who can be tested: Missouri residents 3+ years old
Register at https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
No cost, drive-through testing for ages 3+. Learn more and sign up.
- 2630 NE Vivion Road, KCMO 64119
- 9700 Cedar Ave, KCMO 64157
- 5400 Independence Ave, KCMO 64123
- 1191 W Kansas St, Liberty MO
- 358 E US Hwy 69, Claycomo, MO
Next Care Urgent Care
Location: Liberty (1860 Church Road)
Offers antibody testing and rapid testing. Learn more.
First Point Urgent Care
Location: 8144 NW Prairie View Rd., KCMO 64151 (Platte County)
When: Mon.-Fri. 1-5 p.m. and Sat./Sun. 12-4 p.m.
Cost: Free without insurance
Location: 501 N.W. Barry Road, Kansas City, MO 64155
825 Euclid Ave. Kansas City, MO 64124
To make an appointment, call 816-474-4920.
Still need more options?
- See the full list of Missouri testing locations
- Visit Prepare Metro KC for a list of all tests site in the KC region