Emergency Order & Recovery Guidance
The public health emergency order was updated on April 23 to reflect this move to Phase 3. Changes include:
- Masks are recommended but not required outdoors when not social distancing.
- Social distancing indoors is strongly recommended but no longer required.
Additionally, Clay County Public Health Center has published a Continued Reopening Framework which uses key data elements to guide recommendations to reducing restrictions within the order.
Clay County Recovery Plan
The Clay County COVID-19 Recovery Plan was created to help guide businesses, organizations and individuals during the pandemic.
Currently: Phase 2, Step 4
After 5 p.m. on 4/23: Phase 3
You can also get a better look at the Risk Assessment Tool included in the recovery plan that identifies ways for various sectors to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
- When will the new emergency order take effect and how long will it be in place?
- When must I wear a mask? Who is exempt from wearing a mask?
- Must I wear a mask while exercising outside?
- Must I wear a mask while working out indoors at a gym?
- How can I report non-compliance with the public health emergency order?
- Why is the county requiring masks or facial coverings to be worn?
- I have a disability that prevents me from wearing a mask, what are my options?
- What are the guidelines restaurants, taverns, and bars must follow to ensure safety?
- What are general guidelines businesses can follow to keep employees and customers safe?
- I live in Clay County but work in a neighboring city or county. Which guidelines should I follow?
- High-risk persons should continue to stay home except for essential activities. Anyone who is sick should also stay at home.
- Wear a face mask/covering when interacting with others outside your home.
- Always maintain physical distancing (six feet) from anyone you do not live with.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleaning and hygiene.
Looking for even more guidance for your business, organization, outing or gathering? Check out the CDC's website and the links below:
- Business Guidance if a Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19 (Clay County PHC)
- Prepare Metro KC Re-Entry Resources
- Comeback KC's Risk Assessment Tool
- Cleaning & Disinfecting Your Facility (CDC)
- Workplaces and Businesses (CDC)
- Daily Activities & Going Out (CDC)
- Healthy Business Operations and Reducing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace (CDC)
- Face Masks Required
- Six Feet Apart - 8.5x11*
- Six Feet Apart - 11x17
- Six Feet Apart - 8.5x11 - Spanish
- Business Entrance Sign 11x17*
- Business Entrance Sign - Spanish
- Back to School Posters
- Back to School Posters - Spanish
- Non-English Resources
- Wash Your Hands - 8.5x11
- Stay Healthy, Wash Your Hands - 11x17
- Back to Basics Social Media Graphic
- Back to Basics Graphic - Spanish
- Missouri Resource Toolkit
- CDC Posters & Other Print Resources
- CDC Resources For Migrants, Refugees, and Other Limited-English-Proficient Populations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- KC PPE
- Missouri PPE Marketplace
- State of Missouri SNS Order Form (health care facilities)
- State of Missouri PPE Information
- Missouri companies that will perform qualitative and/or quantitative fit testing of N95 respirators.
- Cloth face masks can be used as back up, especially in non-medical settings.
- If interested in purchasing a large amount of PPE, please contact email@example.com for additional resources. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>