Emergency Order & Recovery Guidance
Visit this page to find the latest guidance for preventing the spread of COVID-19 in schools. Includes links to school data and additional tools for parents and educators.
Everything you need to know about the county's mask requirements, plus information about how masks work and how to wear them.
- High-risk persons should continue to stay home except for essential activities. Anyone who is sick should also stay at home.
- Wear a face mask/covering when interacting with others outside your home.
- Always maintain physical distancing (six feet) from anyone you do not live with.
- Maintain the highest levels of cleaning and hygiene.
Emergency Orders UPDATE Clay County Public Health Emergency Order (2/21/2021)
For further information regarding Clay County mask requirements and FAQs, please visit our Face Masks and Coverings page.
- When will the new emergency order take effect and how long will it be in place?
- When must I wear a mask? Who is exempt from wearing a mask?
- Must I wear a mask while working out indoors at a gym?
- Must I wear a mask while exercising outside?
- How can I report non-compliance with mask requirements, gathering limits, or other elements of this Emergency Order?
- Why is the county requiring masks or facial coverings to be worn?
- I have a disability that prevents me from wearing a mask, what are my options?
- What are the guidelines restaurants, taverns, and bars must follow to ensure safety?
- Must patrons be seated while ordering food from takeout establishments?
- What are general guidelines businesses can follow to keep employees and customers safe?
Clay County Recovery Plan
The Clay County COVID-19 Recovery Plan was created to help guide businesses, organizations and individuals through this time.
- Clay County COVID-19 Recovery Plan (7.14.20)
- Currently: Phase 2, Step 4
You can also get a better look at the Risk Assessment Tool included in the recovery plan that identifies ways for various sectors to reduce the risk of COVID-19.
Looking for even more guidance for your business, organization, outing or gathering? Check out the CDC's website and the links below:
- Business Guidance if a Staff Member Tests Positive for COVID-19 (Clay County PHC)
- Prepare Metro KC Re-Entry Resources
- Comeback KC's Risk Assessment Tool
- Cleaning & Disinfecting Your Facility (CDC)
- Workplaces and Businesses (CDC)
- Daily Activities & Going Out (CDC)
- Healthy Business Operations and Reducing the Spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace (CDC)
- Face Masks Required
- Six Feet Apart - 8.5x11*
- Six Feet Apart - 11x17
- Six Feet Apart - 8.5x11 - Spanish
- Business Entrance Sign 11x17*
- Business Entrance Sign - Spanish
- Back to School Posters
- Back to School Posters - Spanish
- Non-English Resources
- Wash Your Hands - 8.5x11
- Stay Healthy, Wash Your Hands - 11x17
- Back to Basics Social Media Graphic
- Back to Basics Graphic - Spanish
- Missouri Resource Toolkit
- CDC Posters & Other Print Resources
- CDC Resources For Migrants, Refugees, and Other Limited-English-Proficient Populations @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- KC PPE
- Missouri PPE Marketplace
- State of Missouri SNS Order Form (health care facilities)
- State of Missouri PPE Information
- Missouri companies that will perform qualitative and/or quantitative fit testing of N95 respirators.
- Cloth face masks can be used as back up, especially in non-medical settings.
- If interested in purchasing a large amount of PPE, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional resources. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>