Find answers to your biggest questions about when the vaccine will be available to you, safety, and more.
Find multiple ways to sign up for a COVID-19 vaccine. This list will be updated frequently as more opportunities become available.
Clay County Public Health Center is a part of Operation Safe, working with Cerner, local hospitals and cities to host mass vaccination clinics in Clay County. Visit this website for information about how to make an appointment, what to expect at your appointment and more.
Visit this page to help you prepare for your upcoming vaccination.
The state of Missouri has activated Phase 1A, Phase 1B - Tier 1, and Phase 1B - Tier 2 of vaccine distribution. This means that only residents in these phases - health care workers, emergency services, long-term care staff and residents, people 65 years or older and people with certain high-risk medical conditions - are eligible to get vaccinated at this time.
Starting March 15, Missourians in Phase 1B - Tier 3 will be eligible to get vaccinated. This tiers includes those who work in: Education, Childcare, Communications Infrastructure, Dams Sector, Energy Sector, Food & Agriculture Sector, Government, Information Technology, Nuclear Reactor Sector, Transportation Systems, and Water and Wastewater Systems. Click here for details.
Interested in Getting Vaccinated?
Please visit our Where to Get Vaccinated page for the latest list of area locations to get vaccinated. Due to a limited supply and your eligibility, you may not be able to schedule an appointment right away.
Click here to fill out the Operation Safe COVID-19 Vaccination Interest Form - At this time, completion of this form will put you on a waiting list to be contacted for an appointment with Operation Safe or another partner of Clay County Public Health Center, once supply allows and if you are currently eligible.
- COVID Vaccine Facts & Rumor Control (Missouri Dept. of Health & Senior Services)
- COVID Vaccines: Know The Facts. Inform Your Choice. (One For All Missouri)
- 8 Things to Know About Vaccine Planning (CDC)
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Ensuring the Safety of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Approval Process (MO DHSS)
- Ensuring COVID-19 Vaccines Work (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (FDA)
- Video: What is an EUA (Emergency Use Authorization)? (FDA)
- Video: Tell Me More: Vaccines | Dr. Fauci Explains the Coronavirus (HHS)
- Video: COVID-19 Vaccine Update | How Vaccines are Developed (HHS) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- We are no longer offering our Health Care Provider Interest Form or Registration Form. Please have any staff that need to be vaccinated complete the Operation Safe Vaccine Interest Form.
- COVID-19 Vaccination (CDC)
- Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA)
- Information for Vaccine Providers (Missouri DHSS)
- Vaccinator Enrollment (Missouri DHSS) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- How will COVID vaccines be given out? Who will qualify in each phase?
- When can I get a vaccine? When will each phase begin?
- Where can I get a vaccine? Who is administering the COVID-19 vaccines?
- How will I know when I am eligible to be vaccinated?
- How can healthcare providers other than hospitals and long-term care facilities receive the vaccines?
- Has Clay County Public Health Center started giving any COVID vaccine?
- Can I be put on a waiting list for a COVID-19 vaccine?
- What will be the cost of getting vaccinated?
In the News
- 2/28: DHSS issues statewide order for Janssen COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 2/25: Governor Parson announces timeline for activation of Phase 1B-Tier 3
- 2/9: Federal Retail Pharmacy Program to begin vaccinations in Missouri Friday
- 2/1: Missouri adjusts COVID-19 vaccination allocations to prioritize ‘high-throughput’ locations
- 2/1: Northland coalition implements mass vaccination clinic
- 1/19: Community leaders form task force to support local COVID vaccinations
- 1/14: Governor Parson announces activation of first tier of Phase 1B of Missouri's COVID-19 vaccination plan
- 1/12: Kearney seniors receive Moderna vaccine
- 1/7/21: Clay County Public Health Center begins vaccination against COVID-19
- 12/30: Governor Parson provides update on COVID-19 vaccine progress, health care capacity in Missouri
- 12/28: CVS, Walgreens to start vaccination effort Monday at long-term care facilities in Kansas, Missouri
- 12/23: Liberty Hospital frontline health care workers receive COVID vaccination
- 12/22: North Kansas City Hospital joins growing list offering frontline workers COVID-19 vaccine
- 12/20: DHSS executes plans for Modern COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 12/18: FDA Takes Additional Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for Second COVID-19 Vaccine
- 12/14: DHSS issues statewide order for Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine administration
- 12/11: FDA Takes Key Action in Fight Against COVID-19 By Issuing Emergency Use Authorization for First COVID-19 Vaccine