Mobile Food Pantry
The mobile food pantry is a monthly event that provides free, fresh, and healthy food to the community. Since starting in 2019, this event has distributed food to nearly 5,000 households. The event is made possible through Harvesters - The Community Food Network.
- First Wednesdays
- 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. while supplies last
- 800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
Find the latest updates about each food pantry (weather updates, when food runs out, etc.) on the CCPHC Facebook page.
- When is the food pantry?
The mobile food pantry events occur the first Wednesday of every month. (Occasionally, severe weather may cause us to cancel an event. In this case, please check our social media channels for updates.)
Distribution usually starts at 3pm and ends when we run out of food or 4:30 pm. Although a long line can form before each event, we still encourage you to come even if you can't arrive until after distribution starts.
- Where does the food pantry take place?
This event takes place outside Clay County Public Health Center, located at 800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO 64068.
- Will I need to park and come inside for this event?
No. Since 2020, our mobile food pantry has been a drive through event. This means that there is no need to leave your car.
When you arrive, simply get in line and our staff will come around and give you the short questionnaire to fill out while you wait. When you get to the front of the line, volunteers will take your piece of paper and load your food in your car.
- Who is able to get food from the food pantry?
While the purpose of the event is to provide fresh and healthy foods to those in our community who might otherwise not be able to afford all the nutritious food their family needs that week, anyone is welcome to get food at our events. No proof of need is required. You can also pick up food for other people.
You do not have to live in Clay County.
- What do I need to bring/do to get food?
You do not need to bring any paperwork or anything else to receive food.
We will ask one person from each car to fill out 1 form for each family receiving food. This is a short, half-page questionnaire that asks things like zip code, how many people are in your household and how you heard about the event.
- What items can I get at the food pantry?
Usually we receive boxes of fruits and vegetables from Harvesters to distribute. This could include apples, potatoes, onions, greens, corn, carrots and lots more. Some months could even include a dairy product or juice. Each month is different! Each family typically receives about 5 different items.
If you'd like to know what items will be available before you arrive, please follow the CCPHC Facebook page. We cannot always guarantee this information will be posted. But if the info is posted, it is not posted until we have received the delivery around 1:30 on the day of the event. Thanks for your patience!
- Can I get diapers at this event?
Happy Bottoms is not scheduled to distribute diapers at any of our upcoming events. If your family is in need, you can always contact Happy Bottoms to become part of their program.
There are options available for WIC families to pick up diapers - please talk to staff during your next appointment for more information.
- Are dental services still available at this event?
Clay County Public Health Center's dental team occasionally offers limited dental services at food pantry events. These include free dental screenings & referrals for all ages and fluoride varnish applications and goody bags for kids up to 18.
The team typically offers these services at food panty events in good/warm weather. To guarantee if these services will be offered at an upcoming event, check our social media posts and/or message CCPHC through social media to ask.
- Can someone else pick up food for me?
Yes! We just ask that one form per family is filled out.
Please make sure that whoever picks up for you knows:
- Your zip code
- The number of people in your household
- If your familiy is part of any programs like SNAP, WIC or the school lunch program
- Can I have food delivered to me or pick up at another time?
Unfortunately we are not able to deliver food or allow anyone to pick up food outside of our pantry's hours.
We usually distribute all the food during the event and/or the food items must be kept cold which we cannot accommodate in our building.
- How can I get food if I'm not able to come to this event?
We understand that our event is not always convenient for everyone. If someone is not able to pick up food for you, there are still many opportunities in the area to get free food items if you are in need.
Please see Harvesters' Get Food Assistance page for helpful info.
- Can I volunteer at this event?
- Can I donate food for the pantry?
Clay County Public Health Center cannot accept food donations for our mobile food pantry. However, you can donate food to Harvesters.
Do you have extras from your garden that you'd like to donate? Harvesters also has a program where you can donate produce that you've grown. Click here to learn more.
La despensa móvil es un evento mensual que brinda alimentos frescos, saludables y gratuitos a la comunidad. Del 2019 al 2021, este evento distribuyó alimentos a 3,968 familias locales. Este evento es posible gracias a Harvesters – The Community Food Network.
- Primer miércoles
- De 3 p.m. a 4:30 p.m. mientras duren las existencias
- 800 Haines Drive, Liberty, MO 64068
La información más reciente sobre cada despensa móvil (datos del estado del tiempo, agotamiento de existencias, etc.) se encuentra en la página de Facebook de CCPHC.
Primavera y verano de 2022: El equipo odontológico del Centro de Salud Pública del Condado de Clay estará presente en los eventos de despensas móviles de cada mes (si el estado del tiempo lo permite). Brindarán evaluaciones dentales y referencias GRATUITAS para todas las edades y aplicación de barniz de fluoruro y bolsas con obsequios para niños de hasta 18 años.
- ¿Cuándo ocurre la despensa móvil?
- ¿Dónde se lleva a cabo la despensa móvil?
- ¿Cómo puedo obtener alimentos en este evento?
- ¿Quiénes pueden obtener alimentos de la despensa móvil?
- ¿Qué necesito traer o hacer para obtener alimentos?
- ¿Qué clase de artículos se obtienen en la despensa móvil?
- ¿Puedo obtener pañales en este evento?
- ¿Puedo pedir que me entreguen alimentos a domicilio o recogerlos en otro momento?
- ¿Cómo puedo obtener alimentos si no puedo venir a este evento?
- ¿Puedo servir como voluntario(a) en este evento?