For the northwest region of Missouri, the Kansas City Health Department distributes the monkeypox (MPV) vaccine, Jynneos. Missouri residents who believe they are at high-risk should fill out this online form to check their eligibility for vaccination. All information is confidential.
Per the CDC and Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, KCHD can vaccinate:
- Those who are considered high or medium risk after an exposure to a confirmed case and who have been approved by the state for vaccination because of their risk level.
- Missouri residents who have received their 1st dose out-of-state and can provide that documentation to receive a 2nd dose.
- Missouri residents if they meet the following requirements:
- You've had a sex partner in the past 14 days who received an MPV diagnosis.
- You've engaged in sex in a social and/or sexual venue in the last 14 days.
- You are gay, bisexual, other MSM or transgender and in the past 14 days have had group sex or sex with multiple partners.
- You are gay, bisexual, other MSM or transgender and in the past 14 days have had sex at a commercial sex venue or in association with an event, venue, or defined geographic area where MPV transmission has been reported.