Environmental Health Protection permits and inspects all swimming pools and spas that are not residential. Typically, these are pools located at hotels, municipalities and community centers, subdivision home associations, hospitals, camps and mobile home parks. Complaints concerning these facilities are also investigated by environmental health specialists.
Operator Classes 2022
To prepare for summer, Clay County Public Health Center is offering two different kinds of pool operator classes, geared for anyone involved in pool maintenance/operation of pools.
- Two-day Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO) class on June 22 (9 a.m.-5 p.m.) and June 23 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.). CPO certification is designed for daily pool and spa operators or maintenance staff at hotels, pool parks, public pools, etc. The Certified Pool & Spa Operator® (CPO®) certification program is the world’s leading education and certification program for keeping pools safer and keeping them open. Over 400,000 students have been trained since 1972. CPO certification provides individuals with the knowledge, techniques, and skills required for proper pool operations. Valid for 5 years, national certification. For more information, visit www.pooltrainingacademy.com.
- Aquatics Venue Operator Classes: A basic intro class to maintaining/operating pools. Valid for 3 years; does not transfer nationally. Click here for dates & instructions for registering.
- Swimming Pool and Spa Rules and Regulations
- Fecal Accident Response
- Pool Formulas
- Pool Permit Application
- Pool Plan Review 2021 PDF fillable
- Pre-Opening Checklist
- Pool-Spa Operation Record
- Closing Outdoor Pools for the Winter
- Pool & Spa Signage Rules
- Fee Schedule effective January 1, 2020
- Pools Newsletter June 2022
Swimming pool and spa inspections are public record and may be viewed by the public. Inspections are available online or by viewing the office file at the Clay County Public Health Center.
- If you have any questions, or need further information, please contact Environmental Health Protection at 816-595-4350. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>